Thursday, May 10, 2007

insomnia

my husband is out of town and i can't sleep. i probably can't sleep, not because my husband is out of town and my bed is empty, but because i had 2 cups of chai and one (big) glass of orange soda at 8:30, 8:45 and 9:00 respectively. ah, somalis.

i've eaten some cheese and a piece of bread with mustard on it to settle my stomach because of all the sugar in said-drinks. so now i guess i'll go back to my bed and resume re-reading harry potter 4 and hope to slip off to la la land. (if i don't read, i'll just lay there thinking of work, of the meeting i have tomorrow, and of why i can't sleep.)

g'night (hopefully).

1 comment:

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

I hadn't heard of the bread & mustard upset stomach cure -- does it work?

I've found that reading the Daily Office or trying to pray a Rosary whilst in bed is often a great way to fall asleep, despite my best attempts to stay awake.