Wednesday, July 18, 2007

great long weekend

got back late from new york last night. actually i got back this morning, at a little after 2:00 am. my flight was late leaving laguardia, of course. and then i had to drive the 90 miles from charlotte back to columbia.

but all-in-all, it was a fabulous weekend. here are a few choice shots.

on sunday, mom and jim came in to jersey city and we hung out for a few hours. we had a great brunch at this awesome little cafe. they made a mean frittata!
rachel, mom and jim at restaurant in jersey city

monday night we had a little mini newman club reunion for a few folks who were around the city. it was really great to see everyone. and it was cool to take a walk through some of my old haunts, like the restaurant we ate at, dojo's.
100_2316

after dinner on monday a few of us headed down to the mercury lounge because my cousins' band, gringo star, was in town and playing. they're always fun to see play, and i enjoyed hanging out for a minute. i will see more of them in the coming weeks.
100_2324

more pictures at my flickr set.

2 comments:

l.y. said...

D'oh!! Sorry I missed the mini Newman reunion. I knew one was in the works a couple weeks ago, but I'm unfortunately back home in Singapore right now :( Oh well. It looks like you guys had a good time! -Lesley

Paul Snatchko said...

We loved having you in NYC, Katie! Come back soon!