Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Travels update

We've just finished our absolutely fantastic vacation in Paris and are now in Nairobi for the week for some medical checkups. I have so much to write about and many pictures to share, but I'm on my iPhone, which makes it a little difficult to write good posts. Plus, my Flickr app is acting up so in having trouble posting pictures there too. 

Paris was more wonderful than I could've imagined. We got some great quality time with Chris's sister, Erica, and her husband, Fuzzy. We also saw in A TON of sites (the Louvre, the Arc de Triumph, Musee d' Orsey, the Eiffel Tower, cafes galore, Notre Dame, Saint Chepelle, the Concierge, boat trip on the Siene, Versailles). I may have forgotten some stuff in there because by the end I felt a little like a zombie and barely able to keep up. But it was all great! Paris is a beautiful, laid back and friendly city. I could absolutely see myself living there. The people are beautiful, the kids so cute and the dogs quirky. Loved it all!
 
On top of the Arc de Triumph

Now on to Nairobi. We've been here 1 1/2 days and have mostly spent our time in various doctors offices. We came here once before in our 2006 trip but this time around things are so different because of our experience in Tanzania for the past 1 1/2 years. I said to Chris today that if there was any doubt that Tanzania is in need if aid, just compare it to Nairobi. Granted, Nairobi is one of the largest cities in Africa, but still. There is such a major difference between here and there and u can't ever imagine Mwanza coming even close to this. It also makes me feel better about our struggles because I better understand why things are so hard there. Also, after catching a public bus today and trying (successfully!) to find a doctors office, I realized that I may just be prepared for almost anywhere. It was all such a breeze. 

Anyways, more thoughts and pictures soon. I'll leave you with this glorious shot of my husband as he was coming out of anesthesia after his endoscopy today. Ah, Reids and your weird ailments. 

Chris says, "Nairobi hospitals are really nice. And not only because I like these drugs."

No comments: