Thursday, March 03, 2005

does life suck, or is it just a conspiracy for me not to complain?

well, i was going to blog about work and how everyone around me generally sucks.

but then we got a call from chris's father. for those who don't know, just a few months ago david (my father-in-law) completed a round of chemotherapy for rectal cancer. this was following major surgery and radiation. david's been great since the end of chemo. he went back to work and the doctor said he was pretty much "cured."

well, not so, as we found out today. he had his first check-up and they think they've found more. this time, all through his lungs and with more in his liver again. the doctors said they'll know more "after more tests" but they think it's safe to say that this may be inoperable.

is it bad to say that this news made me feel not so crappy about my own life? the general "suckiness" of everyone around me pales in comparison. they may suck, but i don't have cancer. and for that i feel blessed. and suddenly, i don't feel the urge to complain about my day anymore.

2 comments:

discipleassisi said...

*many many prayers*
God bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

Geez, I hope none of your co-workers read your blog!!!! Glad I was able to brighten your day!!! Love ya!!