Tuesday, September 20, 2005

keeping more than just your chin up

today should've been a monday. it was just one of those days. i was so exhausted this morning i could barely stay awake on the drive to work. then i made a bunch of really stupid simple mistakes at work that made me look like a total idiot. you know the kind of stuff i mean, sending emails to the wrong people, mistaking important dates. that kind of stuff. oh, and, my skirt fell off in the hallway. no, i'm totaly serious. my skirt fell almost completely to my ankles. in the hallway. of a public middle school. my saving grace: there was only one girl in the hallway at the time. she saw it but handled it really well for a middle schooler. we do have cameras. i don't know if anyone watches them unless there is an incident. but i keep imagining my principal reviewing the tape for some reason and coming across footage of me walking down the hallway with my skirt slowly falling down my legs. how rediculous.

6 comments:

Sean said...

oh my that's funny. i mean, it will be in about a year.

Anonymous said...

When I was in the third grade, and we had to wear shirt waist dresses with full skirts EVERYDAY to school (no pants at all then), I got on the sliding board and apparently my hem caught on a nail. As I slid down the sliding board, you guessed it, my skirt just ripped from the waist and stayed at the top. There I was, in my slip and my step ins. Mortifying. I remember Barry Mitchell handing me my skirt and my teacher laughing hysterically, the bitch. yeah, I've gotten over it. yeah, really.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, do I need to send you food? Are you starving? Or do I need to send you new clothes?

discipleassisi said...

you know how you don't wash jeans everytime you wear them?
well these were clean, because i'd taken them off to get in the tub sometime during 3rd grade and my mom did the load of laundry right then.
what she didn't do was make sure my underwear, which were stuck in the pantleg, as underwear will do when 3rd graders expect mom to do everything for them, were no longer in the pants.
so a few days later i'm walking down the hall in a straight line with the rest of my class when - what comes creeping down my leg? none other than my very own clean-but-still-attached-to-my-pants underwear.
maybe they were supposed to be a spare?

Waldie said...

well, actually, mom, it was the skirt you sent me that fell down. so in answer to your question: no, i do not want you to send me new cloths. :)

(jim) Bo Ba Log said...

Now THAT . . . is a Kodak moment!! I'm thinking April of the 2006 calendar . . .