Tuesday, August 15, 2006

first day of program? check!

back when i was in college in ny i worked for a settlement house called grand street. one summer i was a counselor with a summer camp and i remember my first day with the kids as one of the most chaotic days of my life. i went home after that first day, layed on my bed and staired at the wall for close to an hour, too exhausted to sleep and too jittery to think.

this is how i thought it'd feel after our first day of program yesterday. but much to my delight it was nothing like that first day at grand street's summer camp. my staff was amazing! they kept the kids having fun and under control. the kids had a great time and even did their homework voluntarily. now i know not all days will be like this, but this is a great start!

now, if we could just get our technology up and running! that's where the bottleneck is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad to hear your first day was good! I've been wondering. Hated to call - figured you'd be flat on the floor...

Sean said...

What a wonderful start! I'm happy for you.

(We'll see how mine goes on Thursday...)

Anonymous said...

Pleased to know you are surviving. Soon you'll be doing this in your sleep.

Well....maybe not. Social services may have an issue on the staff sleeping on the job (grin).

Please share more details.

Sincerely,

Dogwood