Wednesday, May 27, 2009

the end of an era

the end of an era

for those of you who have visited our house over the years, depending on where we were living at the time, you might've caught a glimpse of this in our bathroom. many years ago (7 years perhaps?) my mother started buying this gel for herself, me, and my sister. it was quite a find at the time- gel that was inexpensive (under $5 probably), didn't cause dandruff, and tamed our wild, curly hair. so mom started buying us the gel regularly. whenever i came home for a visit or in our christmas stockings, for example, i was sure to be given a jar. so it was without fail that i always had an almost-full bottle of this gel in my bathroom (and sometimes extras in my cupboard too!).

i've been trying for over a year now to finish up this gel and get a more "grown up" kind. i don't know what the means really, but just something that doesn't come in an industrial-sized container and maybe something that's a little more earth-friendly. but seriously, it's taken me like a full year to finish it all up. i can't remember when the last time was that someone gave me a bottle of this stuff. but, as you may have guessed from the picture, the gel is officially finished.* it truly is an end of an era.**

*i say finished, but i still have a little bit left in my travel-sized bottle so i'll be using it on my vacation.

**and no mom, i do not want another bottle. thank you. i have appreciated it for all these years. but i'm ready to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine! I get it! Actually, I don't use it anymore either because it makes my head itchy, and I've still got about half a jar left. Want me to send it to you? Ha, just kidding. Am holding onto it just in case... the world stops making hair gel? There's a law against buying new hair gel? I mean, these days, you never know, right?

Love you,
Ma