Friday, May 29, 2009

update from vacation

i've just started vacation day two and so far it's been really great. so far it's been full of family and watching trash tv, starting immediately when i was on the airplane (thanks, jetblue, for having individual tv screens in every seat!). and i've had a lot of bonding time with my big sis.

yesterday was my grandmom's funeral, which was beautiful and sad and hilarious and emotional. my dad gave a beautiful eulogy when he read a poem by my grandmom and embellished a bit with his own extrapolation. it really was very touching. then the waldies went out to lunch. when you get that many waldies in one room, you know foolishness will ensue. that's something that's so cool about the waldie family. we're all pretty goofy and we're sure to cut up even when it's a sad occasion. we really don't get together that often so it was so great to see everyone. it makes me wish we had a regularly-scheduled waldie reunion every year. after lunch, my immediate family (dad, stepmom, brother's family, sister and me) all went to olive garden to continue the waldie-fest. like we needed to eat anymore! we, of course, overstayed our welcome there and were laughing and making a scene in the restaurant for a few hours. it was really fun. (oh, and we got 2 bonus trips in to trader joes! we love you t.j. come to south carolina!)

everyone took lots of pictures, so once i get some on my computer i'll share them.

and now on to the second chapter in my vacation-the baby shower preparation!

No comments: