Saturday, January 14, 2012

My First Weird Food Experience

Soursop. We had this fruit for lunch the other day. It was cut in circular segments, like you’d slice a loaf of bread. It’s got a tough green skin with spikes on it. And the fruit inside is slimy and sort of stringy. The flavor is really, really sweet and very floral, with a hint of sour as well. It sort of tasted like I was eating perfume. I’m not a huge fan of it on its own, but when I ate it with watermelon it was much better. The other fruit sort of cut the sweet fragrance of the soursop. I definitely think it’d be good with yogurt and other fruit in a shake, so once we’re on our own I may try it that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I first read the headline, I thought it said, "My First Weird FOOT Experience." I almost did not read it because feet are, well, gross. :) That fruit sounds interesting. Glad you are being adventurous! Will you get a chance to cook there? I hope so--I know it is a big part of who you are!! -Kaiser