Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In rememberence

It was a very strange, sad and unexpected turn of events that I found myself driving to JFK airport yesterday with the NY skyline and the new World Trade Center in front of us while listening to the tragedy at the Boston Marathon unfold in the news. It's like we take one step forward and then take another step back. My heart goes out to those affected by this attack and to those who will relive their memories of tragedies in the past.

As I type this I'm sitting in an airport in the Middle East and watching the faces of our diverse world pass me by. I remind myself that these tragedies are not a true depiction of our world. We are better than this, more complex than the thought that we can't exist in harmony. And I know we will transcend any force that tries to tell us otherwise.

No comments: