Wednesday, January 18, 2006

i can't repost it

so i just sat here for like an hour and drafted this long post about chris's drug-induced recovery from his colonoscopy and how upsetting it was to see my husband so vulnerable. but before i could actually publish the post netscape crashed and i lost the whole post. it was really emotional for me to write and i just can't write it again.

i'll just leave it at this: i love my husband. it was heartwrenching for me to see his mind so altered. the image will be permanently engraved in my mind. i hope that we never have to deal with that permanently. life is delicate.

1 comment:

Baldman76 said...

After I was home and somewhat lucid again, Katie recounted what had happened to me earlier, and I was filled with even more love for her than I can put into words. She has taken care of me so thoroughly the last few days- and at times when I really have been at my most vulnerable- that I am amazed by her generosity. It's one thing to eat dinner together every night, or to share a bank account, or even to just sleep next to each other. But yesterday I really saw the wedding vows in action. I saw her dedication to me and I truly understood what a wonderful person I have in my life. It was worth the whole ordeal just to have that moment of understanding.