Saturday, January 16, 2010

look what's new

i'm not a "new year's resolution" type of person, generally. i am all too aware of the fact that i'm just as likely to stick to or not stick to a new idea, diet, regiment, etc at any point in the year. so i tend to just skip the ceremony on the 1st of the year.

but this year, it suddenly hit me, i'm not getting any younger. well, duh. and i'll just say right here that i don't think that i'm particularly old. that's not the point.

i had a lot of driving time to think to myself over the holidays. and i realized that if not now, then when? there are a lot of silly little things, and some bigger not-so-silly things, that i've been wavering over for years. so i'm going to try to make a concerted effort this year to charge ahead and do some things that i've been wanting to do for a while, despite what i might fear people will think about me.

so, today, after 10 years of wanting to do it but feeling silly about it, i went and got my nose pierced. such a trifle thing to spend so much thought on. and, in the end it was just so easy. but here it is, my new nose ring (and my little (big) kitty):

me and doozer showing off my new nose ring

and a close-up:

check out that piercing!

2 comments:

Paul Snatchko said...

Very nice, Katie! Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Thanks so much for the Christmas card....I promise to respond too. It was so great to hear from you.
Love, Kaiser.