Monday, February 08, 2010

another thing for the list

i told you i was going to be adding to the list. here's another thing that people say that really bothers me:

5) when i say to someone that i'm not feeling well, have a headache, or any sort of minor ailment and they respond with "ohhhh!?" wink, wink. nudge, nudge. "that may not be a bad thing!" meaning, if you're not feeling well you surely must be pregnant. i've gotten these types of responses starting immediately after i got married. and they've steadily continued. in fact, someone with whom i work and who even knows that we have fertility issues said something along these lines to me yesterday.

sheesh!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I used to get that one all the time, too, and for someone who doesn't want kids, I also find it to be terribly offensive. In fact, a few times, it even gave me panic attacks.

I really just don't get why someone's ability or choice to have kids or not is such a topic for other people to comment on. It is so frustrating.