Thursday, July 21, 2011

Goodby to STSM

Tomorrow is my last day at work. It's not quite real to me yet. But I know I'm going to miss it. I think it's rare to find a job that is such a natural fit as mine has been for me. And because it was such a natural fit, I feel like I was able to excel at my job. I've only been there for 4 years, but I've done a lot of professional growing up over that time. I've learned so much about myself and about where my professional passion is. I truly am grateful for the experience.

My job has been my identity for so many years, I know I'm going to be a little at a loss about "who I am" after I'm no longer there. I fear I will feel useless until I am back at work again. So here's hoping that I can just hang in there and "go with the flow" for the next year until I am working in a job again.*

I also work with a great group of women. I feel blessed to have been able to work side-by-side with these women who are all amazing, smart, strong, beautiful, funny, vulgar, quirky, and a little bit crazy. Thanks, ladies, for all you've taught me. And, more importantly, thanks for putting up with my crap. I'll miss every one of you!


*Even though we start MKLM soon, we'll be in school essentially for the next year. It will be 3 months of training in NY, followed by 3 months of language school, followed by 2-3 months of language practice.

No comments: