Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

At the airport. It broke my heart to say goodbye.

My parents have come and gone and now my vacation's over. I'm not sure which was harder--saying goodbye to them when I left America almost a year ago or saying goodbye to them as they left Mwanza. It sucked both times, but this time I don't have the excitement of an impending adventure. Now it's just back to the new normal, which is hard even on a good day.

So I'll probably be a little mopey for the next few days. But I keep telling myself how awesome 2013 will be. First of all, it'll be way easier than this year * because we're already here and we're settled. That in itself was just terribly hard. Also, we have a ton of exciting events planned. We'll have 2  new missioners arriving in January. In June we'll be going to France for a wedding of one of Chris's oldest friends (and his sister and bro-in-law will join us). In July my other set of parents are coming to visit. In August I'm leading a group of American tourists on a visit to Tanzania. And around this time next year we're planning a visit to the States**. Plus I'm hoping to take more excursions around Tanzania.

So hopefully this trip with my parents was just the start of the fun stuff! Here's hoping.


*It has to be, right?
**This is very tentative and nothing has been set in stone yet.

No comments: