Wednesday, March 27, 2013

As We Approach Triduum

This week started with an awesome procession for Palm Sunday.

Palm Sunday procession from church through the neighborhood. There were probably 100 people processing and singing.
We started at church, walked through the neighborhood to the elementary school, said a blessing, then the procession continued for another 1/2 hour until it reached the church again.

Chris in the crowd holding up the palms
It was a pretty neat experience, much more elaborate and joyful than the processions I've been a part of in the states.

It was hard to jump back into the solemnity of Holy Week, but I look forward to that kind of exuberance and more when we celebrate Easter on Sunday.

I also heard that we'll be slaughtering a lamb for dinner on Sunday. I mean, we won't be slaughtering it. But the church will give it in the offering and the MK community will slaughter, cook and eat it. Even though that still makes me sad for the cute little lamb, it also kind of ads to the festivity of it and I'm looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a blessed Triduum and a happy Easter to come.

No comments: