Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mission is...

"Waiting."

That's what they said in orientation. And close to two years in, I've found that to be totally true. If I had to summarize into one word my experience thus far, "waiting" would be it.

All that to say that we're still waiting to finalize things at the university where we hope to teach this fall. Classes started this week, but the university seems to be in no rush to get things settled. Apparently it takes about 3 weeks for the students to actually show up to class anyway. We've been out there every day so far this week and it's one tiny step closer each day. Whenever we do get our assignments, let's pray that they don't say "Can you start teaching tomorrow?" and that my class size will be smaller than 300 student (I'm not kidding!).

No comments: