Saturday, April 07, 2012

Best. Meal. Ever.

Since we've been in language school and staying as guests in other people's houses, I've not had much opportunity to cook for the past few months. And I loves me some cookin'. So tonight, the hubby and I had the run of the house and I broke loose. I made homemade tortillas, guacamole, and veggie fajitas.

That's what I'm talkin' about, folks!

SERIOUSLY?

My taste buds just needed some tortillas. It was my first attempt at homemade tortillas (and Chris helped!) and we were not disappointed. And I finished it off with a few spoonfuls of Nutella (birthday gift courtesy of the Rossers). Heck yeah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds GREAT!! I am glad you enjoy cooking so much. And your birthday pics look like so much fun was had by all!

Jen Tierney said...

I randomly found your blog while I was looking for homemade tortilla recipes, and you are just fascinating, girl! I am so impressed that you have moved to another country with your mate, learned a new language, and you're doing such good work. So proud!! I love languages - I'm learning Swedish and heading to Sweden for 5 weeks with my family, so I wanted to bring some of California culture with me (enchiladas!). If you have a good tortilla recipe, please share! And congrats and good luck with your mission. Hugs, Jen

Waldie said...

Jen, that's crazy that you found my blog by searching for homemade tortillas. Well, hope you'll come back to see how our adventures unfold! Here's the recipe I used for the tortillas I made the other day. Super easy and super quick! Way easier than I had imagined! http://www.rakskitchen.net/2012/02/homemade-tortillas-recipe.html