Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Out and About a Little

I'm 1/2 way into my new round of medicine and so far I've been nowhere near as sick as I was on the other stuff. The only side effects that I can tell are very vivid dreams and slight depression. So, I've been a bit down in the dumps and emotional. But hopefully the medicine is working and I won't need to go through this much more! I know there is an end in sight.

The up-side of not feeling completely yucky is that I'm able to get out of the house a little bit. A few weeks ago I mentioned briefly that I was going to start visiting other organizations in order to help facilitate my learning. Well, today I started my first day at Kivulini, an organization that does great work on issues related to gender based violence. I've known about Kivulini for years, even in the States, so I'm super excited to get my feet wet there. I'm not certain what I will exactly be doing , but it's definitely up my alley! Everyone was very nice and welcoming today so I look forward to making it part of my regular routine.

No comments: