Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Years 2013

I don't have any reflective or thoughtful messages about the ending of one year and the beginning of another. We've had our ups and downs this year, for sure. But I can honestly say that at this moment I feel really good. I'm excited about 2013. We've got a lot to look forward to and I hope we'll be more confident and competent to accomplish more work-wise here in Tanzania.

To ring in the New Year last night we had a little gathering at our place with the newly-expanded MK community, having just welcomed 2 new lay missioners on the 30th. It was no "Reid Annual Christmas Party" but pretty close and we all enjoyed good food and good company.

MK New Years party 2012

MK New Years party 2012

MK New Years party 2012
Mark and David welcoming Veronica, one of the new missioners.

MK New Years party 2012
Fr. Jim and new missioner Rich get acquainted.

After spending the morning in Church and after a rainstorm, we made our way back home to find that the bridge leading to our street was overflowing with water.

Overflowing bridge in our neighborhood

Overflowing bridge in our neighborhood
Yeah, this is a bridge.

This is the main way to get to our house and we didn't know if the other ways would be overflowing too. So we just waited it out until the water was low enough for us to walk across.

Overflowing bridge in our neighborhood
I had new shoes on so like a Tanzanian, I just took my shoes off and walked the rest of the way home barefoot. Here's hoping I don't start 2013 with worms!

No comments: