Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Nature at Home

This morning I got a little visitor in the kitchen.

He was about the size of the nail on my pinky finger. Still scared the heck out of me at first because I didn't know what it was.

Praying mantus the size of my pinky fingernail
He was just hanging out on our grocery totebag.

Also, for the first time our little alien-looking orchids are blooming. They're just about to bust it out with some flowers. So excited!

Weird, alien orchids blooming in yard
It was kinda hard to capture the spidery offshoots for the flowers. But if you look close, you'll see the buds there.

Orchid blooming in yard
I don't know what these are called, but maybe it's tiger something.

2 comments:

The Husband said...

There are no tigers in Africa.

Waldie said...

So you say. I think I just proved you wrong.