Friday, July 19, 2013

Paris Pictures

Our much anticipated trip to Paris has come and gone in a flash. It was such a wonderful week and there is so much to talk about. But as I already said, Erica did a really nice recap so I think I'll spare a lot of the details here.

This was both my and Chris's first trip to France, Chris's first real substantial time in Europe even. I wouldn't have put France on the top of my list for "must-see places." No offense, it's just that I guess I'm more drawn to "exotic*" and France never seemed that way to me. So I was pleasantly surprised 100-fold! Both Chris and I absolutely fell in love with Paris and we kept repeating over and over again to each other, "I could live here." "We could live here." I guess anything would feel luxurious and special after spending 18 months in a developing country, but really, y'all. Paris is amazing. You should check it out. And if you can, try to see it with amazing friends and family. That totally made the trip extra, extra fun and special.

Le meow.
Henri`, the neighborhood kitty says, "Le meow."

Gardens at Versailles
The gardens at Versailles were a beautiful place to sit and rest.

Couple of dorks.
Dorks in a park.

Arc de Triomphe
The Arc de Triomphe

The family together
Family times.

Romantic
They got hitched!

Skulls, Catacombs of Paris
Creeeeeepy.

Lost it.
We got giddy.

Resting under the Tower.
Just another day in Paris. Ho hum.

I put up a selection of our shots of Flickr. But really, if you want to see good pictures, just skip right over to Erica's blog.

*HELLO! I live in Africa. That's an understatement.

No comments: